Where Treetops Glisten


Title: Where Treetops Glisten
Author:  Tricia Goyer, Cara Putman, Sarah Sundin
Pages:  368
Year:  2014
Publisher:  WaterBrook Press
Here is a truly unique story placed in the time of WWII and surrounds a special family that lives in Lafayette, Indiana.  The Turners lived in a house that sheltered the parents, grandmother and siblings from the winter of 1942 through 1945.  The three authors then developed characters that seemed very lifelike, though not perfect or all the same.  Each person in the Turner crew brings different gifts, personalities and life choices.  Each of the three stories including the Prologue and Epilogue will touch your heart and bring a smile to your face.
The tale, White Christmas, shares the story of Abigail Turner who planned to become a lawyer like her father until her life path crossed that of a young man named Jackson.  The middle story titled, I’ll Be Home for Christmas, focuses on Pete Turner who has furlough after becoming an ace fighter pilot.  The third and final installment is titled; Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas, which shares the tale of Meredith Turner as a nurse in Europe, working hard to make a difference in the war’s effects on soldiers.
I loved the book so much because the depth of truth revealed in each story will truly remind you of how one act of kindness can lift the broken hearted.  I think of how the many real people served during the holidays and how some never came home.  While grief is certainly a part of life and it seems to be difficult for some during the Christmas season, the novel points us to the Hope of Christmas…Jesus!
I really hope you read the novel and perhaps make a gift of a copy to someone who could use the renewal of hope.  Think of someone who might enjoy the book and when the time is right surprise them with their own copy of Where Treetops Glisten!
My rating is 5+ stars!
Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

 Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspot.com/ .  Also follow me on Twitter @lcjohnson1988, FaceBook at https://www.facebook.com/lisa.johnson.75457
Post a Comment

Popular Posts