Sunday, November 30, 2014

Love Unexpected



Title:  Love Unexpected (Beacons of Hope Series Book #1)
Author:  Jody Hedlund
Pages:  352
Year:  2014
Publisher:  Bethany
Lighthouses make for some of the best scenic pictures and interesting history.  For me, they are a physical reminder of how God is my strong fortress, mighty tower, hiding place and shelter.  No matter what season of life you are in, a lighthouse can remind you that He is the Light of the World.  He can light the way when storms rage and batter your world, when you cannot see your own hands in front of your face because the fog is so thick or cannot decide which direction to take in life.  I know this is true because of what the Word says about my Heavenly Father and having gone through a painful season in my own life that was unprecedented.  The really neat thing about the story you are going to read is at the end the author shares her research and thoughts along with what the story was hopefully going to remind readers.
Love Unexpected speaks a word of encouragement and hope fulfilled when it seems that the desires of Emma Chambers would never become a reality.  The adventure is of a romantic type and one of danger due to pirates lurking on Lake Heron.  There is a flavor of mystery in the life of the keeper of the light, Patrick, and his 2-year-old little boy Josiah.  Readers will see the devastation caused by the island’s leading gossip lady and a mean-spirited past friend of Patrick’s who tells lies because he cannot stand to see Patrick as the Godly man that he has become .
When storms rage and batter the lighthouse keeper’s home and Emma cradles little Josiah, it really touches the heart.  I love how the marriage of convenience for both Patrick and Emma blooms into something beautiful after going through some rough trials; it was inspiring.  Josiah may be only two years old, but the tale shows just how intuitive kids can be about what is going on in their world and have a way to bring laughter or at times tears.  Readers cannot go wrong with the newest series by Jody Hedlund that mixes flavors of adventure, daring rescues, and budding romance with a mystery!  Fans of Jody Hedlund will grab this novel and not put it down until done and new audiences will find another author to follow after reading the book!
My rating is 5+ stars.
Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

 Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspot.com/ .  Also follow me on Twitter @lcjohnson1988, FaceBook at https://www.facebook.com/lisa.johnson.75457
Post a Comment