Pound Foolish



Title: Pound Foolish (Windy City Neighbors Series #4)
Author: Neat & Dave Jackson
Pages:  332
Year:  2014
Publisher:  Castle Rock Creative, Inc
Amazon Link: http://www.amazon.com/Pound-Foolish-Dave-Jackson/dp/0982054491/ref=pd_bxgy_b_text_y

For the story to be thoroughly enjoyed in Pound Foolish, I highly encourage reading the other novels of the series in order Grounded, Derailed and Penny Wise before starting the latest installment Pound Foolish. Each of the novels has two tenets  that run parallel the tales introduce various people in the small suburb of Chicago and each novel focuses on one house and the characters lives inside their homes and also community interactions.
For me this novel was the best of the best thus far!  The focus is on the Singer family highlighting marriage, faith, childrearing and accountability themes to name a few.  One thread which really was encouraging for me to read about was how important it is for believers to be willing to meet with others to pray, bear their soul, encouragement and when necessary exhortation to return to listening to God for example.  Another thread strongly placed before the audience was how a husband and wife need to work together, pray together or listen to one another with an open heart.
When Greg falls prey to false teaching it really begins to tear apart the very foundation of is marriage, and causes Nicole to stumble in her thought life.  As I read the story I saw how easy it is for anybody to erect walls between themselves and their spouse or friend especially when there are unresolved issues.  Yet the authors encourage readers by showing how there can be resolution and reconciliation in the way the players humble themselves before God which leads to changes in their thought life, actions and beliefs.
I read through the novel in short order to see how the writers were going to end the tale the time was well spent.  Another thread which draws reader’s hearts in is the need to be aware of false teachers, and that means reading the Word in context and spending time checking up on what is being taught to see if aligns with the whole Word of God not bits and pieces.  Enjoy this wonderful Windy City Series they are awesome!
My rating 5+ stars.
Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
 Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspot.com/ .  Also follow me on Twitter @lcjohnson1988, FaceBook at https://www.facebook.com/lisa.johnson.75457

Post a Comment

Popular Posts