Saved by a Fireman

Title:  Saved by a Fireman
Author:  Allie Plieter
Pages:  224
Year:  2014
Publisher:  Loved Inspired
Ms. Taylor is the main female character in a story that takes her from losing her job right after her beloved grandmother’s death to the small town of Gordon Falls.  Charlotte Taylor uses her inheritance to purchase a fixer up cottage.  When Charlotte starts to brew herself a cup of special tea, she suddenly has to call the fire department due to a fire started on the stove.  The fire introduces her to fireman Jesse Sykes who is a volunteer that has a paying job being a contractor for a local company.
The unique ability Jesse exhibits besides being a handyman is being a wonderful cook and singer.  While Jesse at first exhibits a very distant desire for being at church, the author’s twist of the plot in bringing Jesse to a place of openness to God was incredible.  I enjoyed how Charlotte was impacted so much by her grandmother in the story, something that needs to be more the norm in our society than how it currently looks.  I believe another characteristic of the tale I thought brought depth to the novel is that the romance wasn’t quick; the couple had to work through some of their past issues.
Grab a copy, your favorite coffee or tea and get lost in the pages of a wonderful book.
My rating is 4 stars.
Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

 Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspot.com/ .  Also follow me on Twitter @lcjohnson1988, FaceBook at https://www.facebook.com/lisa.johnson.75457
Post a Comment

Popular Posts