Susie's Hope Movie Review




Title: Susie’s Hope   (www.SusiesHope.com)
Year:  2014
Publisher:  Green Apples
My first thought when asked to review the movie was it would probably make me cry as I am a dog lover.  The other thought that crossed my mind was concern of whether it would make animals appear more important than human life.  It is with the greatest joy that I get to say that yes it tugged my heart but no, it doesn’t elevate animals above human lives.
The reason Susie’s Hope exists is due to the way God took a terrible tragedy that happened in Donna Lawrence’s life and made good spring forth.  I don’t want to reveal so much that it takes away the reason this movie exists.  I will share that God gave mankind the responsibility to care for what He created, including animals.  While I agree sometimes it seems that various organizations or people appear to care more about animals than people, this is not one that does.  In fact, the movie takes great strides to help the audience understand what may lie behind animal cruelty and how we can help change laws so that people who break them are stopped before they raise the bar of violence and take it out on other human beings.

The movie doesn’t show morbid pictures or blood and gore; however, it does show the place where animals are cremated without the animal in there, but the fire is going and ashes exist.  I think that for really young children that might upset them, but each parent must make that determination.  However if it is shown, it will make for a great opportunity to have family discussions and even perhaps lead to some kind of action as a family project.  I cannot wait to show my guys this movie then share it with another family who has older kids and will glean much from the movie as well.  Please buy the DVD, and have a meaningful time talking about it with family and friends.
My rating is 5 stars.

Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
 Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspot.com/ .  Also follow me on Twitter @lcjohnson1988, FaceBook at https://www.facebook.com/lisa.johnson.75457


Post a Comment

Popular Posts