The Christmas Cat

Title:  The Christmas Cat
Author:  Melody Carlson
Pages:  176
Year:  2014
Publisher:  Revell
Readers don’t have to be cat lovers to enjoy the story Melody Carlson shares in her newest novel, The Christmas Cat.  While cats are a part of the story, they actually provide an excellent way to bring other themes to the forefront.  One of the themes I loved is the way the human heart is made for relationships.  God in his infinite wisdom made humans to be caretakers, and in this story, a young man is tasked with an unusual way to provide new homes for his grandmother’s cats after her passing.
Another theme is learning what God’s plans are and realizing the joy obedience brings in fulfilling His calling for our lives.  In the novel, Garrison works hard at finding a job after returning from working as a missionary overseas.  When he gets the call telling him he is hired is right when Garrison finds himself in the middle of settling his grandmother’s estate.  Deep in Garrison’s heart is a yearning to do one special job, but without funds Garrison cannot see a way to make the dream come true.
I don’t want to say anymore about the story for fear I would reveal too much!  All I can say is that this is an encouraging, lighthearted and meaningful tale you won’t want to miss.  Frankly, it is an easy and quick read, making it ideal for people with full calendars to enjoy.  Please grab a copy, read and share the magnificent book with family and friends!
My rating is 5 stars.
Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

 Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspot.com/ .  Also follow me on Twitter @lcjohnson1988, FaceBook at https://www.facebook.com/lisa.johnson.75457
Post a Comment

Popular Posts