Friday, December 26, 2014

Angels Walking Book #1 by Karen Kingsbury (a 2014 favorite novel)

Title:  Angels Walking Book #1
Author:  Karen Kingsbury
Pages:  384
Year:  2014
Publisher:  Howard
Amazon Link: http://www.amazon.com/Angels-Walking-Novel-Karen-Kingsbury/dp/1451687478/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1408094478&sr=1-1&keywords=angels+walking+karen+kingsbury
What an exploding work of fiction!  Angels Walking, the first book in a new series written by Karen Kingsbury, turns out to be an exceptional and inspirational debut.  My curiosity is what drew me to the book; I wondered how the author would portray angels in a fictional yet Biblical way.  When I began reading, I knew beyond a doubt that while a fictional piece of work promised an adventure, I was blessed at how Karen weaves in the spiritual reality of warfare that cannot be seen by the naked eye.
I don’t want to reveal too much of the story so as not to ruin your own discovery, but I will share enough to whet your appetite.  Two angels volunteer for a mission on earth to help two individuals, Sami and Tyler, meet in order to fulfill the long term plan God has for them.  The angels have no clue as to all that the mission will require or the way to do God’s bidding, but they trust that God will show them as they obey each order given.  There is a cost if the two humans fail to meet even though Sami and Tyler wouldn’t be aware of that aspect.  Throughout the pages we read of various characters who find hope in the darkest of moments, comfort in time of pain and the difference between what they thought was God’s plan compared to the fulfillment.
There is a scene where all the angels are applauding God and praising Him, which brought wonder to my imagination!  I lost myself in the characters, both angelic and human.  We should remember that Scripture tells us be aware we might entertain angels without knowing it.  The scenes are a reflection of what people have experienced in living life here on earth, only now with a fictional addition of the viewpoint of angels.  I believe angels are real and are doing the missions God sends them on.  We just can’t always see, know or be able to tell of their presence.  Yet, what matters more is that God loves us so much to send us messengers to help in more ways than finite beings will ever be able to comprehend.
The newest series is something to be read, shared and treasured for all who love good literature!  Don’t miss Book #1, Angels Walking; the journey starts here.
My rating is 5+ stars.
Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
 Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspot.com/ .  Also follow me on Twitter @lcjohnson1988, FaceBook at https://www.facebook.com/lisa.johnson.75457

Post a Comment