Wednesday, January 28, 2015

A Stitch in Crime by Cathy Elliott



Title:  A Stitch in Crime
Author:  Cathy Elliott
Pages:  240
Year:  2015
Publisher:  Abingdon Press
Fiction can be fun to read when the subject is light, entertaining with just enough of a mystery.  A Stitch in Crime is one of those books because it also brings to it a small town feel.  The name of the local group of quilters, which I won’t spoil for readers by naming, was quite unique to be sure.  What was even more intriguing were the different characters lives and interactions, which I am sure can easily be seen in reality.
The quilting arena is far more than I ever knew it could be, with the various names and styles of quilts.  The one involved in the story is of historic value and someone in the community thinks it holds monetary value as well, so when the local museum puts it on display behind glass and locked nobody anticipates it being taken.  Through many different twists of the plot the author leads the reader on a chase to figure out whom the culprit or culprits are and if the quilt is retrieved.
The recent installment in the Quilts of Love Series is a perfect way to spend an afternoon under a warm blanket on a cold day.  There is romance, mystery, reverie, laughter, and friendship among other ingredients for the story.  My favorite part was seeing if two women who grew up together, grown apart through time, would be able to move above the past and pain so the friendship could be redeemed.  The love of a young woman for the older generation be they neighbors or relations was really touching as it reminds us all that people have value and need not be left unloved.
My rating is 4 stars.
Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

 Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspot.com/ .  Also follow me on Twitter @lcjohnson1988, FaceBook at https://www.facebook.com/lisa.johnson.75457
Post a Comment