Saturday, January 31, 2015

Jupiter Winds by C. J. Darlington


Title:  Jupiter Winds
Author:  C. J. Darlington
Pages:  300
Year:  2014
Publisher:  Mountainview Books
I find out about authors and novels in many ways.  My introduction to C. J. Darlington was through Mountainview Books.  They offer books that are filled with wonderful tales that weave in the essence of a personal faith in God alone.  When I read the synopsis of Jupiter Winds, I was intensely drawn to the book.  As I began reading, I quickly lost track of time and never wanted to stop reading!
The tale is about a family named Alexander whose faith grounded them and helped them discern the growing evil happening on planet earth.  The family had gotten separated by events outside their control that will thoroughly entertain the audience as they read about each family member’s adventure.
The evil pervading earth is by a group named Mazdaar that originally used drones to bring people under submission.  Their ambitions led to them making drones of humans shortly after their death and their evil plans knew no bounds.  Audiences will be entertained by the interaction between characters, twists and turns of the plot along with never ending action and revelations! 
Science fiction has never been one of my genres to read.  I liked some movies in that genre, but reading it was not on the top of my list.  Somehow C. J. Darlington penetrated my guard by writing a fascinating novel that reflects themes like faith, sacrificial living, family, and being alert to danger.  The danger of being complacent in life was another theme that shows the possible outcome of life not lived in one’s faith and obedience to the Lord.
I look forward to reading the other novels written by this author as they look like westerns, but Jupiter Winds just grabbed my attention and wouldn’t let go until the very last sentence.  If her other novels are like this, all I can say is she has a new follower and people will really enjoy her books!  Don’t pass up reading this particular story, because if you’re like me, you’ll find yourself glued to it until the very end!
My rating is 5+ stars!
Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

 Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspot.com/ .  Also follow me on Twitter @lcjohnson1988, FaceBook at https://www.facebook.com/lisa.johnson.75457
Post a Comment