Friday, January 23, 2015

Love Gently Falling



Title:  Love Gently Falling
Author:  Melody Carlson
Pages:  160
Year:  2015
Publisher:  Center Street
Melody Carlson shares a tale with readers about a young woman who works hard and looks like she has achieved success, so why does Rita still feel empty?  Then Rita receives a call that her mother in Chicago is in the hospital.  With the help of a roommate, travel plans are made and by that evening Rita is back in the cold of Chicago from her warm California condo.  What starts as a hard couple of days concerning her mother actually starts Rita down memory lane when she assumes responsibility for her mother’s failing hair salon.
Now, let me assure you that I have not divulged much of the story.  It is the proverbial “tip of the iceberg” as there is a lot more readers will discover!  I sat down one afternoon simply enjoying this story of a young woman who finds enjoyment in being back in Chicago helping her family.  The author writes in such a way that the interaction between characters is engrossing with easily believable situations and redemption.  It took me a couple of hours just to curl up, read and thoroughly enjoy the novel!  I hope you enjoy reading your own copy too!
My rating is 5 stars.
Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
 Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspot.com/ .  Also follow me on Twitter @lcjohnson1988, FaceBook at https://www.facebook.com/lisa.johnson.75457


Post a Comment