Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Betting on Hope written by Debra Clopton



Title:  Betting on Hope (A Four of Hearts Romance Book #1)
Author:  Debra Clopton
Pages:  320
Year:  2015
Publisher:  Thomas Nelson
Cowboys, horses and romance…can there be any better of mix for a story?  Yep, and Debra Clopton found a way to bring other ingredients to the book.  The ingredients like a con artist run away, robbery, faith and whole lot more!  Readers will enjoy the slow unveiling of the tale between the two main characters, Hope and Tru.
Tru is part owner of the Four of Hearts Ranch with his older brother Jarrod and younger brother Bo.  They almost lost the ranch, but all three are working hard to pay off unknown debts discovered after losing both parents in a plane crash.  The brothers also are caring for their grandfather whom they lovingly refer to as “Pops”.  Hope is a columnist for a Houston paper where she doles out advice and hides in a cubicle until she is forced to take an assignment due to her reporter friend being sick.  During the interview, Hope is roped into facing her fears.
I didn’t have to read long before I was consumed with the fictional lives of the characters.  In the novel, hard topics are woven into the fabric which brings depth to the plot, drawing in the heart of the audience.  Here is the first installment of the series with another planned for later in 2015.  I am amazed at how brilliantly and encouraging the story is when dealing with some heavy issues, including the fact that the brothers are caring for Pops who has Alzheimer’s through both good days and bad days.  The bond the brothers share, the love of the ranch life and horses I felt strongly throughout the book.
I cannot wait to see what the next book has in store.  I hope it shares more of Tru, Hope, horses and other characters’ futures!  Great novel!
My rating is 5 stars.
Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

 Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspot.com/ .  Also follow me on Twitter @lcjohnson1988, FaceBook at https://www.facebook.com/lisa.johnson.75457
Post a Comment