Wednesday, February 25, 2015

By Your Side by Candace Clavert




Title:  By Your Side (Crisis Team #1)
Author:  Candace Calvert
Website:  http://www.candacecalvert.com/
Pages:  384
Year:  2015
Publisher:  Tyndale
A threat looms on the horizon.  Nobody can see him, but they know he is there.  Every time they stick their heads up they hear a shot.  A truck sideswipes a van.  When a nurse races to get there to help with any injured, there is a man with a BMW who thinks he is more important than the officer questioning him.  Add a compassionate ER nurse and a police officer who is taking care of his mother while his dad is in Alaska and what do you have?  A tale that keeps you turning pages long after the sun sets.
This was my first time reading Candace Calvert’s novels and this one is a thriller!  Romance blossoming along with lives constantly being threatened are just two of the ingredients that serve up a compelling story.  The characters that are searching to understand God when life throws some painful experiences seem all too real.  I love when characters are allowed to ask hard questions, face dangerous situations and finally come to the end of themselves and decide to consider God.
Plus I love how friendships are birthed and tested by fire.  The scenery described is amazing!  Throughout the novel, faith is a consistent and constant theme from the beginning till end.  How faith develops or grows is beautifully developed in the novel as well as how life’s trials can be handled with or without believing God.
Action, adventure, thrills and chills bring the heart to pounding when reading along with not knowing how the author is going to bring the action to a climax and eventual conclusion.  Candace Calvert is one author I am now going to be reading more and watching for her future books.  The sequel to By Your Side is titled, Step by Step and is due to be released in the spring of 2016.
My rating is 5+ stars.
Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspot.com/.  Also follow me on Twitter @lcjohnson1988, FaceBook at https://www.facebook.com/lisa.johnson.75457
Post a Comment