Lynn Gentry's Novel: Return to Exile


Title:  Return to Exile (The Carthage Chronicles Book #2)
Author:  Lynn Gentry
Pages:  384
Year:  2015
Publisher:  Howard
Return to Exile is a sequel to The Healer of Carthage by the same author.  The author has also penned a couple of prequels as well as her novels.  I will admit not having yet read book one in the series, but I sure didn’t enjoy the story any less!  Now that I have bought The Healer of Carthage I shall read that too, so not in the correct order but I want to read it before the third and final novel of the series is released sometime this summer.
In book one, we are introduced to time travel that takes a mother back to a time when the Church was but a baby, and persecution was on the rise.  Now the daughter of the healer longs to return in hopes of changing lives by bringing her mother home.  When Lisabeth enters once again into the Biblical timeline, she brings with her the one thing that ties the past and present together.
The novel was very intriguing and weaves a tension-building story that audiences will find hard to stop reading.  The novel is not for those who might get disturbed by some of the descriptions of medical procedures during a time when living day to day was a challenge!  The faith lived by the characters is challenging and there is one line in the book that really summarizes what the author hopes we learn, but alas you must find it for yourself. 
The tension of love, betrayal, redemption, suffering and sacrifice continues from book one to this one, and I expect to the final installment coming in the summer.  After reading the tale, there is a sample of the last book included to entice us while we await a thrilling conclusion; one I am sure has surprises!  I loved how time travel was a part of the story that draws us in to a much deeper tale of doing what God has called us to do no matter the cost.
Grab Healer of Carthage, and then continue the adventure with Return to Exile.  You don’t want to miss the adventure!
My rating is 5+ stars.
Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

 Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspot.com/ .  Also follow me on Twitter @lcjohnson1988, FaceBook at https://www.facebook.com/lisa.johnson.75457
Post a Comment

Popular Posts