Marianne Evan's Novel: Devotion is absolutely a must read!






Title:  Devotion   
Website:  www.imdevoted.com
Author:  Marianne Evans
Pages:  300
Year:  2012
Publisher:  Harbourlight Books 
Devotion is a fictional novel focused on the marriage of two characters named Kellen and Juliet.  As I read the story, for me, it shows both the joys as well as the sorrows marital relationships can bring.  Juliet’s character, I think, best reflects many unspoken fears, dreams, hopes and heartbreak that many women experience.  The other strong tenet of the book is the depth of the fall into sin that causes the major tension in the story.  The point of view of the sin that trips up one of the characters is vastly different from society around the globe.
Perhaps my greatest hope is that many will read the novel and draw the nuggets of wisdom tucked neatly into the story.  As I read, I rejoiced in the way the author beautifully shows the heartache that can be experienced when a spouse falls into sin, as well as the way the tension towards healing, redemption and hope is shown in how it takes both people in the marriage to work on the relationship.  It is absolutely refreshing to read how the characters reach out and up to God and hear His voice in ways that challenge and ways that bring comfort to the two main characters.
The pastor’s character shows a man of God counseling both parties separately at first.  The only caveat I have is that when counseling with Juliet he did so alone, when another woman being present during that time in this day and age is absolutely a must!  The support system that all people in marriages need is also reflected in the novel, and the point is made to recognize when a marriage might be heading into turbulent waters.
Marriage is work and that is also a theme in the book.  It takes both spouses to draw near to God and then each other for it to grow.  Kellen’s character shows men I think how to wisely, patiently and lovingly build trust back into the marriage and how to court his wife never again taking her for granted. The whole book is one that both spouses could draw wisdom and ideas from for their individual situations.  Hope is certainly never extinguished in the tale and true to reality unless we draw back from God and our significant others.  So read my friends, listen to whatever God might speak to you throughout the pages and then embark on whatever He shows you!
My rating is 5+ stars.
Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

 Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspot.com/ .  Also follow me on Twitter @lcjohnson1988, FaceBook at https://www.facebook.com/lisa.johnson.75457
Post a Comment

Popular Posts