Saturday, February 21, 2015

Red Zone....a heart stopping, riveting novel!



Title:  Red Zone-There is no overtime in the game of Murder
Author:  Kelli Hughett
Website:  http://www.kellihughett.com/
Pages:  350
Year:  2014
Publisher:  Lighthouse Publishing of the Carolinas
The novel majorly ROCKS!  I am an avid football fan who watches games and scares the daylights out of the cat when I whoop real loud over a win!  Unfortunately, I tend to be quiet over a loss or upset at the call or the referee’s calls, but that doesn’t scare anyone.  So, when Red Zone came to my attention, it seemed like a perfect blending of two loves, football and reading!
Author Kelli Hughett certainly knows how to ratchet up the tension in this story of high stakes gambling, inflicting pain or murder for hire and so much more.  The main female character is a woman named Marcy whose faith has been rocked, and yet she still perseveres with teaching her children about the Lord.  Her quiet life is shattered when attending a high school state championship where her son is playing.
Jack Braggs is a former NFL player who after eleven years became sidelined permanently due to an injury in his knee.  One night he decides to go to a high school game, but he never thought his life would change so drastically that night.  Readers will enjoy following the road Jack and Marcy travel in romance, faith and attempting to discover what secrets Marcy’s husband had kept from her before he died.
Every page turned kept my heart racing and wondering who done it.  Then a body is discovered and someone is stalking Marcy, always pushing her to the edge of a breakdown.  It was hard not to race ahead!  The novel clearly shines light on what some players might truly wrestle with when their NFL career is over.  Unless they know the Lord, I am wondering if they don’t feel as lost and alone as the fictional players described.  I was hooked after a few pages, and I wonder what the author will present in her next work.  I can’t wait!
My rating is 5+ stars.
Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspot.com/.  Also follow me on Twitter @lcjohnson1988, FaceBook at https://www.facebook.com/lisa.johnson.75457
Post a Comment