Saturday, February 7, 2015

The Resurrection in Your Life


Title:  The Resurrection in Your Life
Author:  Mike McKinley
Pages:  144
Year:  2015
Publisher:  The Good Book Company
Hope.  There is a word all human beings can relate to, desire, and most of all deeply need every day.  Mike McKinley excels at leading people to simple and profound truths about Jesus and the resurrection.  However, that is not the totality of what is shared within the book; there is more.  Part of that more is explaining from the Scriptures how the twelve disciples/apostles were radically changed by The Holy Spirit.  At the end of each chapter, there are questions for thought and a verse or two from well known hymns.
Whether you aren’t a Christian, a new Christian or one who has been walking with the Lord for a long time this book is for all.  The resurrection isn’t the end of our story that we share with others; it is the beginning.  We don’t serve a dead god we serve a living, active and sharper than two-edged sword God.  For me, I found some new insights that sparked my faith and others that brought that spark to a flame.  We can all become too accustomed to doing prayer, study or worship, etc… that we have lost focus on the Person for whom we all will one day call Lord.
Reading the book won’t take a lot of time or it can be used in a small group setting or for your personal devotions.  However you utilize the book, remember it isn’t for head knowledge but for a heart that desires what God desires for the people He has saved and is coming again to take home.
My rating is 4 stars.
Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
 Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspot.com/ .  Also follow me on Twitter @lcjohnson1988, FaceBook at https://www.facebook.com/lisa.johnson.75457


Post a Comment