Wednesday, February 4, 2015

When Mercy Rains by Kim Vogel Sawyer


Title:  When Mercy Rains (The Zimmerman Restoration Trilogy Book #1)
Author:  Kim Vogel Sawyer
Pages:  352
Year:  2014
Publisher:  WaterBrook Press
Be prepared to have your heart touched deeply when reading this wonderful work of fiction depicting heartache, regrets, love, forgiveness and hope.  Those were just a few of the descriptions I could think to attach to the brilliantly written story by Kim Vogel Sawyer.  The tale begins with a young girl and her mother waiting for a bus.  The daughter is longing for a loving touch; the mother is sitting like a cold stone.  No words are spoken until the mother issues her instructions once more before the girl boards the bus.
Suzanne was the girl at the bus stop many years ago.  The story then takes the readers to where Suzanne is now a grown single mother.  Decades have passed and though she was instructed to return home Suzanne never went back home.  The only communication with home is a yearly letter from her mother.  Suzanne is raising Alexa in Indiana where she is a nurse at the local Mennonite Hospital and her love and compassionate nature excel.  Now Suzanne is asked to return home, but does she have the courage for the secrets long kept to now be revealed?
This is a tale that people around the world long to have be their reality, the restoration of relationships.  Yet that is not all as the story reflects the human desire to be restored, forgiven, and loved for who they are and not what they can do.  I couldn’t put the book down until the end as the tension between mother and daughter was so strong, and I desired to see how the author would bring it all to a conclusion.  I felt empathy for the daughter who longed for a loving touch or word from the mother.  I felt like rejoicing as Alexa’s love for giving touches breaks into the hardest of hearts in the characters.
Simply put the novel reflects the longing of human hearts with both the pain and the joy that comes from choices, their consequences and the deep desire for mercy to reign.
My rating is 5+ stars.
Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
 Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspot.com/ .  Also follow me on Twitter @lcjohnson1988, FaceBook at https://www.facebook.com/lisa.johnson.75457


Post a Comment