Where Rivers Part





Title:  Where Rivers Part
Author:  Kellie Coates Gilbert
Pages:  336
Year:  2015
Publisher:  Revell
Have you ever picked up a book to read and not been exactly sure why?  You looked at the cover, read the back cover or maybe perused the chapters, but nothing really garnered attention but the book ended up on your reading table.  For me, the novel Where Rivers Part was just such a book, so I took the opportunity to read it.  I started reading and quickly thought about the names of designer purses mentioned or how had being to dress to a certain standard in order to be viewed as successful.   I am glad that I am not into that world at all, but the tale was simply spell-binding!
The author spins a story around a bottled water company and the employees, especially focusing on Dr. Juliet Ryan as Quality Assurance Director.  Dr. Ryan sets great store on her academic accomplishments along with promising opportunities to climb the corporate ladder.  Though her mother became a Christian, Dr. Ryan along with her father weren’t even open to what she would share with them.
Dr. Ryan’s heart was filled with anger towards her father for many reasons, and he wasn’t exactly an encourager to her either.  One night the three of them meet for dinner and suddenly life begins to change rapidly.  Now, the father and daughter are even farther apart.  Something isn’t right with her boyfriend, but she cannot pin down exactly what is going on.  The company is in trouble with the CDC now.  If that weren’t bad enough for Juliet, she is about to experience a depth of brokenness she has never known.
There is mystery, suspense and intrigue throughout the book and themes of faith, what true love looks like and trust issues.  It was fun reading this work of fiction as the author was involved in the 1990s in food contaminants.  The main female character of Dr. Ryan is a reflection of what women go through in the business or science arena along with finding where she needs to look for her source of identity and satisfying fulfillment.  Part of the story reminds us we have a choice to hold onto our anger, bitterness and self-righteous attitude or choose to let it go and let God handle it all.
Truly, the book was so captivating I couldn’t put it down till I found out the conclusion of the story.  This was simply fascinating fiction!  Don’t pass this book up or you might be sorry.
My rating is 5 stars.
Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

 Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspot.com/ .  Also follow me on Twitter @lcjohnson1988, FaceBook at https://www.facebook.com/lisa.johnson.75457
Post a Comment

Popular Posts