Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Wisdom Tree by Mary Manners



Title:  The Wisdom Tree
Author:  Mary Manners
Pages:  228
Year:  2014
Publisher:  White Rose Publishing
This is a tale of love and loss, tears and joy, and of sorrow slowly moved aside by hope.  Mary Manners shares with readers a tale about Jake and Corey, with hearts filled with pain as well as Carin who is struggling to let the past not be her present or future.  That is not all there is in the tale; there is sadness, but take heart that isn’t the point at all.  The main point is how God wipes away our tears and renews our hearts when we spend time alone with Him.  One aspect of the writer’s novel I really appreciated was dealing with hard topics and heart topics in a way that stirs hope and lights a path for readers.
There is romance in the story too; one based on friendship which blossoms to love in time and on each person’s daring to draw near to God.  Carin’s character is an English teacher in an elementary school who moves lock, stock and barrel in order to leave painful reminders and start new in a town with no family members and a new job.  Jake is a young man who pastors a small church.  His biggest task though is taking care of his younger brother Corey since losing his parents.
I don’t want to spoil it for you why the novel is titled the way it is, but let’s just say I wish I had that view each morning or evening.  Following the epilogue is a 31-day devotional to encourage readers to be still and know He is God, including pages to write whatever is brought to your heart or mind.  As I read, I was reminded the Lord used different life experiences to teach me His wisdom and that wisdom is gained by not relying on me.  The Wisdom Tree is the first novel by Mary Manners I have read and I look forward to reading more of her work in the future.
My rating is 5+ stars.
Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

 Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspot.com/ .  Also follow me on Twitter @lcjohnson1988, FaceBook at https://www.facebook.com/lisa.johnson.75457
Post a Comment