Deadly Echoes (Finding Sanctuary Book #2)




Title:  Deadly Echoes (Finding Sanctuary #2)
Author:  Nancy Mehl
Pages:  329
Year:  2015
Publisher:  Bethany House
Fantastic!  I enjoyed the first book in this series, Gathering Shadows, so much that I could hardly wait for the second book and hope that it was as good.  I surely wasn’t disappointed!  This book is set in the small town of Sanctuary, Missouri.  This is a former conservative Mennonite town that is tucked away from the outside world and the members of this community like it that way.  There are still several conservative Mennonite families, but now there are also contemporary or more modern families as well.  This story focuses on Sarah Miller, the town’s school teacher.
Sarah Miller must face some very unpleasant news right at the beginning of the story.  Her sister Hannah has been found murdered, leaving her 10-year-old daughter an orphan.  Sarah immediately claims her sister’s daughter, her niece Cicely, as her own.  Upon hearing some of the details of her sister’s death from the detective in charge of the case, Sarah isn’t sure that Hannah’s death was the result of a burglary gone wrong.  Sarah thinks Hannah was murdered.  She enlists the help of the deputy Paul Gleason.  Paul finds Sarah attractive, but he won’t act on his feelings until this case is settled.  As Sarah comes to depend on Paul more and more, she wonders if they could have a future together.  First, she must find her sister’s killer.  However, Sarah is unprepared for the backlash that she unwittingly releases with her digging into the past.  More people are killed, but Sarah refuses to give up.
There is tension galore in this suspense-filled story.  I couldn’t put the book down!  I could readily identify with Sarah’s insecurities about herself, and I loved the moment of realization she understands how God created her to be the way she is.  She discovers she has been putting her insecurities ahead of her faith in God.  Just a great moment in the story!  Paul also is a worthy man who puts Sarah and her welfare before his own.  I can’t wait for the next one!  Great job Nancy!!
My rating is 5 stars.

Disclosure of Material Connection:  These views are my opinion and I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspot.com/.  Also follow me on Twitter @lcjohnson1988, FaceBook at https://www.facebook.com/lisa.johnson.75457
Post a Comment

Popular Posts