Easter Stories: Classic Tales for the Holy Season



Title:  Easter Stories (Classic Tales for the Holy Season)
Author: Various
Year:  2015
Publisher:   Plough Publishing House
My Rating:  5+ stars
Before I began reading the short stories or tales, I perused the source page that is included at the end of the book.  From that information, I was astounded by the age and places where some of the writings took place as well as the point in history when these were written.  Some of what readers will enjoy knowing is that the original writings in some cases had to be translated into English before most would be able to enjoy.
Though the intent of the publication is to help hearts prepare for the Easter season, I firmly advocate reading them throughout the year.  One of the installments that really touched my heart deeply was titled, The Church of the Washing of the Feet, written by Alan Patton in 1981.  While that wasn’t so long ago, it strikes the heart because of where the story is placed.  When I think of that country’s history, it takes my breath away.  I was arrested right in my tracks, having to take time to meditate and ponder the richness of what the tale presents.
In a compilation such as this, when looking back, it is with new eyes one sees past events and people.  Sometimes it is with a new appreciation for the gift of writing and sharing a story with audiences then and now with a new generation.  Please consider Easter Stories in a different light than perhaps other books published or marketed simply because of the season and a desire to increase revenue.  As I read, I kept returning to the thought that the jewels in the stories are touching or can touch the heart and mind of people who otherwise may not be open to hearing about Jesus through conventional means.
Personally, I am thankful for the opportunity to read and share this book with others as it really resonated with my spirit.
Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

 Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspot.com/ .  Also follow me on Twitter @lcjohnson1988, FaceBook at https://www.facebook.com/lisa.johnson.75457
Post a Comment

Popular Posts