Sunday, March 29, 2015

Halo Found Hope























Title:  Halo Found Hope
Author:  Helo Matzelle
Website:  http://halofoundhope.com/
Pages:  228
Year:  10/2014
Publisher:  Dog Ear Publishing
My Rating:  4 stars
Being a sibling of someone who went through three brain surgeries, one of which was an emergency to save her life, naturally I was drawn to hear a testimony of what God had done in this story.  Hope seems to flourish amidst a soil of trial, trouble and tears.  Halo Found Hope is one such memoir that reminds us of that fact stated previously.
Helo shares transparently a large part of her journey from a healthy, active, vibrant woman with many responsibilities to a woman hoping to see her children grow up.  The type of tumor Helo had happens once in a couple of million discovered tumors.  She shares her heart with readers, and the effect it had on her husband, children and others.  Helo has a new normal for her life that was birthed from the removal and substantial rehab she had to endure.
Yet the book isn’t just about her trials, it is more about what God revealed to her.  How God revealed  He was teaching her through the many months of hard work to get self-sufficient to a degree.  Helo learned about whom she is and how God communicates His truth to her every day.  Helo is a woman who is a witness to what God does, not just at the moment of trial but every day we live here on our journey towards home.
There are parts to her story I cannot relate to physically, but the heart to know God more is one I truly relate with daily.  Proverbs 16:9 came to my mind as I read the memoir, and it says, “In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps.”  So it is with Helo and is true of all who seek God.
Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

 Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspot.com/ .  Also follow me on Twitter @lcjohnson1988, FaceBook at https://www.facebook.com/lisa.johnson.75457



Post a Comment