Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Heriones Behind the Lines #4: Spy of RIchmond


Title:Spy of Richmond(Heroines Behind the Lines #4)
Author: Jocelyn Green
Website:http://www.jocelyngreen.com/
Pages:  432
Year:  2015
Publisher:  River North
My Rating: 5+ stars
Heroines Behind the Lines is a series that weaves tales based on actual people, places and events.  The order of the books is as follows:Wedded to War, Widow of Gettysburg, Yankee in Atlantaand ending with Spy of Richmond.  Each book is a story told based on the research of the author that her bibliography shows after the tale is complete. Though each book can stand alone, I highly recommend reading them in order because of what readers discover in the pages about real people, events and more in our history.
What a sad state it would be if those who lived during that time hadn’t left us with journals written without foreknowledge of the generations impacted by what they shared.  Spy of Richmond has a plethora of action, plot twists and turns along with drawing the audience into the action and suspense.In the novel, every time I thought the story was drawing to a conclusion, the author would introduce an element in the plot that kept me turning the pages long into the night.
With this book being the final installment in the series, I have no idea what will come next from Jocelyn Green but I bet it will be worth reading and sharing with family and friends.  As I read, I found myself feeling various emotions as characters went through joy, sorrow, battles, fear, faith and more.  What happened with the real woman, Elizabeth Van Lew, after the war was over is sad to read; yet, when people decades after her passing marked Elizabeth’s final resting place, one cannot help but be touched.
The cloud of witnesses mentioned in the book of Hebrews in the Bible comes to mind when I read about decisions people in the past made as well as their sacrifice reminding us to make or keep a commitment to the path of faith in God and love of country.  My eternal thanks to all who gave so much for the United States then and now, and a call to all to help in any way we can to keep America from coming loose from her foundations!  As the characters in the series clung to the Word and prayer, may we continue to carry that light into the future!
Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

 Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspot.com/ .  Also follow me on Twitter @lcjohnson1988, FaceBook at https://www.facebook.com/lisa.johnson.75457
Post a Comment