Janette Oaks Newest: Where Trust Lies



Title:  Where Trust Lies (Return to the Canadian West Book #2)
Author:  Janette Oak & Laurel Oak Logan
Website:  http://janetteoke.proboards.com/
Pages:  336
Year:  2015
Publisher:  Bethany
My Rating:  5 Stars
Beth Thatcher is a teacher home with her family after a year teaching children in a coal mine town.  That is where Beth’s faith grew and a possible romance budded as readers will remember in book one in the Return to the Canadian West series, Where Courage Calls.  Jarrick is a member of the mounted police who covers a lot of wilderness territory.  The Thatcher family is glad Beth is home and so departs on a vacation with a well-respected traveling guide; all Beth wishes to do is stay home.
As I read, I sensed a looming trial might prevail upon the women during their summer vacation travels. The authors did an excellent job of slowly revealing the twisting plot.  There is romance to be sure, but I also saw words of wisdom shared between a mother and her grown daughters.  Beth Thatcher has a certain perceived understanding of her mother, but is challenged to allow herself to be enlightened.  When Beth chooses to open her heart and mind, the relationship grows deeper.
Another interesting thought brought out is how powerful prayer is and sometimes how difficult it really is to wait on God without seeing much progress in uncertain circumstances.  There is truth shared about believing God and remembering His Word, which consoled the Thatcher family when the vacation morphed into an unbelievable trial.
I enjoyed reading the novel a lot, which so poignantly reminds us of where to place our trust.  The tale for me was suspenseful, enjoyable and inspiring.  I sure hope that readers will read the first novel in the series, Where Courage Calls, so that when starting Where Trust Lies the audience will be familiar with the character, plot and prior tale, which will aid in following along in book two.
Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

 Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspot.com/ .  Also follow me on Twitter @lcjohnson1988, FaceBook at https://www.facebook.com/lisa.johnson.75457
Post a Comment

Popular Posts