The Wood's Edge by Lori Benton coming 4/21/15


Title:  The Wood’s Edge (The Pathfinder’s Book #1)
Author:  Lori Benton
Website:  http://loribenton.blogspot.com/
Pages:  400
Year:  2015
Publisher:  Waterbrook Press                                                                   
My Rating:  5+
Lori Benton’s work of fiction draws a reader into the time, scene and action from the very beginning to the very end of the book.  Thus far, Lori’s works include Burning Sky and The Pursuit of Tamsen Littlejohn.  Now, with The Wood’s Edge, readers have the latest offering for enjoyment.   When I began the novel, I felt as if I was really there hearing, seeing and smelling things like the smoke after a musket had been fired.
A story wrapped within the folds of learning how to forgive, receiving forgiveness, as well as what a relationship with God can be if one chooses.  In the midst of a battle, a British officer saves his wife and son.  When he sees a young child in danger, he risks all striving to save her from the Indian attack.  As years go by and the children grow up, the officer’s marriage is shattered.  There is a heavy burden on his heart that no one knows but himself and God.
As time progresses, this officer begins to learn that he cannot control the truth he has long hidden.  The ramifications scare him to the very core of his being so much that he holds all people at a distance and more so God whom he believes will never forgive the path he chose in a moment of desperation.
I knew by the way the tale was told that Lori did an extraordinary amount of research to bring to life the people and era that continue to grab her attention.  I must admit that I never thought a story or stories about the early 1700s could entangle my heart and attention for hours on end, but The Wood’s Edge has done just that!  I hope you read this story before the sequel, A Flight of Arrows, is released in 2016.  If you haven’t explored her other books, please do as rich history, storytelling and adventure await you in the pages!

Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.” Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspot.com/ .  Also follow me on Twitter @lcjohnson1988, FaceBook at https://www.facebook.com/lisa.johnson.75457
Post a Comment

Popular Posts