The Zimmerman Restoration Trilogy continues.....When Grace Sings


Title: When Grace Sings (The Zimmerman Restoration Trilogy Book #2)
Author: Kim Vogel Sawyer
Website: http://kimvogelsawyer.com/
Pages:  352
Year:  2015
Publisher:  WaterBrook Press
My Rating: 5+ stars
Wow!  The story line continues with Alexa starting a bed and breakfast business inside her grandmother’s home while her mother returned to Indiana. Now with weather getting colder having guests is a major concern for Alexa as she strikes out to prove her calling.  In Chicago a reporter is attempting to finagle his boss into letting him visit the small community of “Plain” people with the hopes of digging up dirt on the inhabitants.  What the Briley the reporter didn’t expect was that the very need of his heart was going to be exposed.
When I read book one in the series titles When Mercy Rains, I was hooked and couldn’t wait for the next installment to be published. Now that I just finished book two it is hard to wait until the third and final novel is released!  In this story more of Lexa’s past is revealed along with learning who really can meet and exceed her hearts desires.
The relationships between various characters keep the pages turning long into the night for me like this book.  The issues of adoption and parents making mistakes and when learning redeeming the relationship affected which encourages readers with hope when at last the turn the final page.  Kim Vogel Sawyer’s novels grapple with some tough issues and bring a Christ like view of the issues pointing to Him being the ultimate source for everything we need, want or desire.
Restoration is an excellent subtitle to the tales and show readers that with Christ all things are possible!   I hope you will dive into When Mercy Rains and When Grace Sings so that like me you can eagerly look forward to the third book of the series to see how the author ties loose ends in the book together.  For those like me who aren’t major fans of Amish or Mennonite novels I hope you read this series at it focuses more on the various situations and internal wrestling going on than on making the plain people appear more than what they are, people.
Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
 Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspot.com/ .  Also follow me on Twitter @lcjohnson1988, FaceBook at https://www.facebook.com/lisa.johnson.75457


Post a Comment

Popular Posts