A Harvest of Hope


Title:  A Harvest of Hope (Song of Blessing #2)
Author:  Lauraine Snelling
Website:  http://www.laurainesnelling.com/
Pages:  352
Year:  2015
Publisher:  Bethany
My Rating:  5 stars
A Harvest of Hope is the sequel to the first book in the Blessings series titled, To Everything a Season.  In both novels, readers will feel like it is the early 1900s in a small town called Blessing that started with some Norwegian immigrants who came to America.  The adventure begins to really heighten in the story as the small town, though growing, is experiencing difficulties.
Different families produce, sell or market different products and life is precarious due to the hospital being new and not all equipment has been purchased.  I loved how some of the natural remedies were relied upon and used when either medication ran out or none was available for the patient.  The town’s families and friendships are knit together and even when others arrive most are accepted by the majority of the town.  The bank manager is a reflection of what happens when a heart becomes hard and has spiritually lost its way to God.
The difficulty of facing someone with the love of Christ when feelings are completely the opposite brings a refreshing reality to the characters.  The internal conflicts, grief or joy, made it seem so real as I read the tale.  I love how the doctors are both female, accredited from a Chicago hospital and also training nurses nearly done with their schooling.  The townspeople fight to save lives, save their town and help those who lose so much in a fire.  Romance blossoms and the characters are thankful when grief or anger could have so easily been chosen.
I don’t want to give away what happens in either book, but what I can say is they were a blessing to read.  I was able to relate to a couple of characters as they were so lifelike and their situations or reactions at times had my heart beating when the action was ramped up!  Other times I could almost wipe away a tear at the sorrow that some felt or the hardships they faced when carving out a new life in Blessing.  Don’t pass up very well written and thought provoking tales sure to bless your heart!
Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

 Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspot.com/ .  Also follow me on Twitter @lcjohnson1988, FaceBook at https://www.facebook.com/lisa.johnson.75457
Post a Comment

Popular Posts