Saturday, April 11, 2015

A Heart's Obsession (Journey to the Heart series #2)


Title:  A Heart’s Obsession (Journey of the Heart #2)
Author:  Colleen Coble
Website:  http://colleencoble.com/
Pages:  128
Year:  2015
Publisher:  Thomas Nelson
My Rating:  5 stars
“A Heart’s Obsession” is the sequel to the first novella in the series titled, “A Heart’s Disguise”, which is introducing readers to one of the earliest works of Colleen Coble.  Here is the link to my review of the first novel in the series http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspot.com/2015/03/a-hearts-disguise-journey-of-heart-book.html
In the second installment, we have Rand now at his post in Wyoming.  Sarah’s brother Wade demands she marries Ben no matter how she might feel about him.  The tension in the relationships with Ben, Rand and Sarah will keep you rooting for the best man to win Sarah’s heart!  Sarah has to learn a different life out in the wilderness, especially in her teaching English to the local tribe.
Sarah has a heart of compassion and the tenacity to face trials head on even when threatened physically by a man she detests.  Sarah loves to read, cook and is glad to be at the fort living with her best friend.  Sarah is my favorite character and her virtues are brilliant like when she promises to care for her younger brother whose heart in some ways mirrors Sarah’s.
I hope that you join me in reading this series and sharing your thoughts with others and perhaps read the books as a book club.  I bet the discussions would be lively and laughter a natural byproduct of girls getting together and sharing tea, coffee or something cold.  Join me in May when the third book is due to be released and feel free to leave any comments you have on my blog!
Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

 Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspot.com/ .  Also follow me on Twitter @lcjohnson1988, FaceBook at https://www.facebook.com/lisa.johnson.75457
Post a Comment