Double Cross by DiAnn Mills


Title:  Doublecross (FBI Houston Book #2)
Author:  DiAnn Mills
Website:  http://www.diannmills.com/
Pages:  400
Year:  2015
Publisher:  Tyndale
My Rating:  5+ stars out of 5
FBI undercover agent Laurel sent a man to prison for serious charges.  Now, he is willing to work with the FBI to help stop a scam.  Wilmington promised revenge against Laurel for her part in bringing him down.  He now claims he is a Christian.  Daniel is on the local police force in Houston as well as taking care of his grandfather who has Alzheimer’s.  Some guests of the high-rated senior care center where his grandfather is a member are now dead and some have been being scammed of thousands of dollars.
Laurel is assigned once again to work with Wilmington to uncover the scam and bring those guilty of it to justice.  The problem is she is having a real hard time believing he is truly a Christian and wants nothing to do with his religion or God.  Daniel’s grandparents have lived an adventurous life and now in the twilight years each day is a gift and Daniel is the bright spot in their hearts.
DiAnn Mills’ novel is a real gut-twisting, mind-blowing adventure that weaves people of faith rubbing shoulders with seekers of truth and evil.  The heart of readers will be gripped by glimpses of what taking care of a loved one with Alzheimer’s might look like each day.  For me, I can say that part of the novel was heart-rending as my husband and I have had personal, hands-on, daily experience with both his parents and losing my Dad last year to this disease.
This is a tale that summons the mind of readers to try and figure out who is ultimately behind the millions of dollars stolen from the elderly.  With trying to discern which clues lead to real answers from those that lead to rabbit trails makes it challenging to uncover the real culprit.  Reading the book kept me turning pages, and the ending was a stroke of genius!
Like the first novel in the series titled, Firewall, Doublecross gives a clue as to what might happen but it is so intricately buried in the tale it isn’t easy to ferret out where or to whom the title pointed.  Sometimes the hardest part of finishing a novel is the waiting for the author’s next work and that is very true in this experience for me!  I cannot wait to see what comes next from DiAnn Mills though I am sure it will be suspenseful and thrilling!
Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
 Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspot.com/ .  Also follow me on Twitter @lcjohnson1988, FaceBook at https://www.facebook.com/lisa.johnson.75457


Post a Comment

Popular Posts