Every Bride Needs a Groom by Janice Thompson


Title:  Every Bride Needs a Groom (Brides with Style)
Author:  Janice Thompson
Website:  http://janiceathompson.com/blog/
Pages:  368
Year:  2015
Publisher:  Revell
My Rating:  5+ out of 5 stars
I am pretty familiar with Janice Thompson’s novels, having read The Director’s Cut and the Weddings by Design series.  The series titles are Picture Perfect, The Icing on Cake, The Dream Dress and A Bouquet of Love.  Each book at times caused me to burst out laughing and other times enticed me to see how the adventure would play out with the characters.
I hardly started reading when I began cracking up out loud with some of the one liners in the story.  Though I read them to my son and he said they were funny, I could tell he didn’t understand the funny parts just because he isn’t female or a mother!  Now, with brand new characters, storylines and more, Janice Thompson’s Brides with Style starts each chapter titled after a Loretta Lynn song. 
There are some tying events together of this new series with Weddings by Design, but even if you haven’t read that series, which I highly recommend that you do, you will still enjoy the book.  The themes of faith, hope, forgiveness, change, and discovery are just a few of the obvious thoughts that went into writing a wonderful story.  In the small town where the story is placed, everyone knows pretty much everyone else’s business and what is expected of the offspring as they become adults.
The one touching thread of the book is when two elderly sisters who haven’t spoken or seen each other in years are lovingly forced to face the root of their problem from the past.  What occurs in this work of fiction, I believe, will happen repeatedly when the truth is revealed…forgiveness is asked for and given and life begins again for all involved.
I look forward to book #2 coming out in October 2015 titled, Every Girl Gets Confused.  In the meantime, I pray you read her Wedding by Design Series as well as her newest series book #1 Every Bride Needs a Groom during the summer months while drinking a tall, cold glass of iced tea.  Until then, look for more exciting reviews coming as we read many books in 2015!
Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

 Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspot.com/ .  Also follow me on Twitter @lcjohnson1988, FaceBook at https://www.facebook.com/lisa.johnson.75457
Post a Comment

Popular Posts