Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Gathered Waters by Cara Luecht



Title:  Gathered Waters
Author:  Cara Luecht
Website:  http://www.caraluecht.com/
Pages:  250
Year:  2015
Publisher:  WhiteFire Publishing
My Rating:  5+ stars out of 5
There is another book written by the author titled, Soul Painter, which was my introduction to Cara Luecht’s writings.  Now, just finishing Gathered Waters gives me a sense of what it takes to write in a way to convey a message from history.  When readers start the book, the timeframe is late 1800’s in a town in Sweden.  There a small group of believers is living life that isn’t dictated or controlled by the Bishop of the local church.
As I read this compelling novel, I could not help but be struck with the irony that today in America Christians need to be strong in the face of persecution.  The main character’s faith was unwavering and firm and like Christ it came with a cost.  Suffering for being faithful to the Lord and His Word takes courage, fortitude and support in a society bent on removing anybody who won’t conform to standards the world deems important.  In the story, should people resist they lost material things while some were even shunned by family and friends.
At the end of the novel, readers will read the journal entry from the real Hulda Blomberg who lived from 1871 through 1970.  The author remembers her grandmother sharing her heritage through stories with the hopes that it would continue to teach future generations.  Can you even grasp all the changes Hulda lived through till her passing?  I stand amazed at what she witnessed as there is constant change happening all the time.
It took Cara a while to write the story your about to embark on and she will share with you why after you finish the novel.  In a day and age when many are for instant gratification and impatient towards anyone or thing that takes time, there is a challenge.  Will you or I share the family stories and lessons with another generation so that they too can stand against any force that seeks to steal their freedoms, especially the freedom to live, worship and work as they so choose?
Grab a copy of Gathered Waters for your personal library, share with friends or family or perhaps start talking about the legacy left behind and what legacy you want to leave for those coming after.  Great novel!
Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

 Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspot.com/ .  Also follow me on Twitter @lcjohnson1988, FaceBook at https://www.facebook.com/lisa.johnson.75457
Post a Comment