Sunday, April 26, 2015

Scent of Danger Texas K-9 Unit Series #5



Title:  Scent of Danger (Texas K-9 Book #5)
Author:  Terri Reed
Website:  http://www.terrireed.com/
Pages:  280
Year:  2013
Publisher:  Love Inspired Suspense
My Rating:  5 stars
Whew!  The ending of this novel was so exciting and really captivating!  Throughout the whole Texas K-9 series the authors begin to slowly reveal and then unveil the mystery surrounding the activity that continues to lead to The Lost Woods.  Tracking Justice, Detection Mission, Guard Duty, Explosive Secrets and now Scent of Danger introduce a unit of officers and their specially trained dogs.  Each novel highlights a particular member of that unit and their personal thoughts, battles and emotions with the overall attempt to locate a crime syndicate recently brought to light in the small town of Sagebrush.
In this installment, we learn about a 2-year-old beagle that is trained to uncover narcotics, and his handler, Officer Parker Adams.  Throughout the adventure a romance is beginning to develop between Parker and detective Melody Zachary who runs a youth center.  When it is evident that some nemesis will go to great lengths to try and take out Melody, Parker is assigned to protect her.
Both Parker and Melody have hearts that are scarred from their past experiences, which seem to be hard to move past in order to trust each other.  The faith these two show in God as well as other K-9 handlers in the unit is a real encouragement when they face danger.  I enjoyed each book I have read thus far in the series as the suspense and thrill never seemed to let my attention waver.
One more installment titled, Lone Star Protector, promises to unveil the main adversary known only as The Boss.  Sometimes I have thought of various other characters as being the man calling the shots or putting fear in the snitches that live on the streets.  The other aspect of the series I have enjoyed is the vast variety and training of the dogs.  The stories are filled with faith, romance, danger, adventure and more which I hope will cause you to sit down and enjoy each carefully crafted tale!  Don’t miss the Texas K-9 series!  You’ll not only enjoy them, but will find yourself sharing them with family or friends.
Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

 Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspot.com/ .  Also follow me on Twitter @lcjohnson1988, FaceBook at https://www.facebook.com/lisa.johnson.75457
Post a Comment