Sunday, May 10, 2015

A Heart of Danger (Book #3 Journey of the Heart Series)


Title:  A Heart’s Danger (Journey of the Heart Book #3)
Author:  Colleen Coble
Website:  http://colleencoble.com/
Pages:  112
Year:  2015
Publisher:  Thomas Nelson
My rating is 5 out of 5 stars.
We are introduced to the main characters of Rand, Sarah and Ben with both men at bitter odds with each other; Sarah loves only one of them.  The series begins with “A Heart’s Disguise” followed by “A Heart’s Obsession” and continuing now with book three titled, “A Heart’s Danger”.  While Rand is serving at Fort Laramie and engaged to the commander’s daughter, Sarah in the meantime lives on the grounds and teaches Indian children English.
Ben will stop at nothing to take Sarah away from Rand and force her to marry him now with the aid of Rand’s jealous fiancée.  As the story begins to climb in intensity, so too does the courage of Sarah who finds herself at the mercy of Ben’s evil plan.  With each addition to the plot via the successive installments, I find myself captured by the hope that true love between Rand and Sarah will win out in the end.
With an Indian war looming closer to becoming a reality, Sarah’s character finds it heart rending as she has befriended many of the Indian children.  What a reminder to all of us to look beyond what our physical eyes can see when we look at an individual to the heart within each being.  The ending of the book has my mind contemplating the ways in which the author may lead the characters in her plot.  There is love in the air and jealously too, which one will win in the end?
Stay tune for book four, “A Heart’s Betrayal”, coming this June!
Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspot.com/.  Also follow me on Twitter @lcjohnson1988, FaceBook at https://www.facebook.com/lisa.johnson.75457
Post a Comment