A Life Intercepted by Charles Martin



Title:  A Life Intercepted
Author:  Charles Martin
Website:  http://charlesmartinbooks.com/
Pages:  352
Year:  2015
Publisher:  Center Street
My rating is 5 out of 5 stars!
The story tugs at the heart from the very start and more so when at the end you read the author’s note.  I have loved football from my youngest years until now.  It is still one of my favorite sports to watch, cheer or groan about.  Inside the covers is a tale of the people, their lives along with the rise and fall of a star.  What occurs in the story can be easily imagined as something pulled from the pages of history.  The story is purely fictional; yet, it has much to teach us about the human race.
The two main characters are Audrey and Matthew who are high school sweethearts and eventually end up married.  On the night Matthew is about to a few sign contracts to become a  professional football player, an unforeseen event occurs that sets in motion a plan made of pure revenge.  As I kept turning the pages, my hope was that the author would bring the wrong done to Matthew and Audrey into something great.  Now, to know what that is you have to read the novel; it really is exceptional!
The thread I found most consistent, even though not always glaring, is the thread of hope a couple of the characters had when all evidence looked totally hopeless.  I wondered if there are men today who appreciate or applaud a woman who stands by her convictions, does something selfless for the benefit of another and even asks for forgiveness.
A Life Intercepted may be about how a married couples plan is usurped by the plan of someone just downright mean and spiteful.  It seems to me that we all have experiences where our plans are intercepted by life’s events.  The question seems to be how we are going to live our new reality even if it differs vastly from our hopes, goals or dreams.  The answer can be read by all in the author’s note at the end of the story and I for one totally agree with his sentiments!
Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspot.com/.  Also follow me on Twitter @lcjohnson1988, FaceBook at https://www.facebook.com/lisa.johnson.75457
Post a Comment

Popular Posts