Saturday, May 16, 2015

As Love Blooms (The Gregory Sisters #3)


Title:  As Love Blooms (The Gregory Sisters Book #3)
Author:  Lorna Seilstad
Website:  http://www.lornaseilstad.com/
Pages:  320         
Year:  2015
Publisher:  Revell
My rating is 5 stars out of 5
Loran Seilstad is a new author to me and reading this novel was an introduction into her writing style and her love of telling a story.  The series revolves around three sisters who, after losing their parents, make a promise to always support each other’s dreams.  The novels in the series order are When Love Calls, followed by book two, While Love Stirs, and ending with As Love Blooms.
I read a lot!  Just ask my family anytime of the day what I am doing and more than likely they let you know I have my nose in a book…again.  In As Love Blooms, women are marching for the suffrage movement and finding a balance between running a home, having a family and taking care of a home.  The youngest sister, Tessa, is fun-loving, thrill-seeking, and a living life on the edge kind of gal who wants her sisters to see her as a grown woman no longer a little girl.
Reese is a man who can tend a garden much like his father, but lacks the ability to bring creativity to his planning of fauna and shrubs.  When Reese meets Tessa, it seems together they bring something the other lacks in horticulture along with a possible friendship.  Throughout the book I so enjoyed seeing how close the sisters’ love for each other brought both tears and gladness when tied to the life experience of the others.
If you haven’t read the other two novels before reading this one you would still enjoy it as much as I did, although I do plan on reading the other prior books now.  There are many themes in the book such as faith, decisions, and supporting family, praying and going through life trusting above all the Lord.  When one night Tessa turns up missing, the whole family pulls together including Reese to piece together the clues to her possible location.  Another trying time for Tessa is learning the hard way that no true friend would ask another to do an action considered unethical.
Tessa is a character I can relate to in many ways like her love of learning something new or doing something just because it was wrong, dangerous or unladylike.  However, Tessa does it anyway.  I love that indomitable spirit that seeks to soar, learn and enjoy life!
So grab a copy or perhaps during the summer join a book club that is reading the book or series.  You will enjoy the story of the Gregory sisters.
Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspot.com/.  Also follow me on Twitter @lcjohnson1988, FaceBook at https://www.facebook.com/lisa.johnson.75457
Post a Comment