As Waters Gone By written Cynthia Ruchti


Title:  As Waters Gone By
Author:  Cynthia Ruchti
Website: http://www.cynthiaruchti.com/
Pages:  304
Year:  2015
Publisher:  Abingdon Press
My rating is 5 stars out of 5!
What words can I use to describe a work of fiction filled with compelling characters and unexpected themes?  I read through the novel becoming emotionally involved in the scenes placed on the page which doesn’t happen all too often for me when opening a work of fiction.  However, As Waters Go By is definitely an exception!
The one thread that continued to weave throughout each part of the novel is Hope.  Not a flyby night kind of a feeling and definitely not based on the situations involved in the plot.  I reminisce what a masterpiece Cynthia has crafted to together as how various parts of the characters lives come together to speak so powerfully of what only God can be or do.  One mother a drug addict, a father incarcerated, an island in Wisconsin and an Inn owner/operator who is eccentric to the extreme words of wisdom flowing from her heart.
Characters in the novel reflect to readers how grace is a real, powerful and living gift from God.  Sometimes the conflict within the plot came from the internal tumbling of feelings and thoughts that some of the female leads experienced.  How delightfully wonderful that they took their pain and allowed God to teach them truths about themselves and then comfort others they meet.
Emmalyn Ross is the one of the female characters who is tossed about by the repercussions of her husband’s decisions.   Her journey to freedom from bondage, hurt to joy, hopelessness to hope, and short-sightedness to a broader view is deeply touching.  When she moves to an island refurbishing a cabin without knowledge of what the future held and only knowing she wanted a sanctuary is something most of us can relate too.  Wait to you read what else Emmalyn and others on that small island experience together!
Words sometimes fail to express the deeper feelings or stirrings I feel in my soul at times, like now.  All I can hope for is that you open the book and lose yourself in As Waters Gone By even if just to see what might stir within your own heart.

Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspot.com/.  Also follow me on Twitter @lcjohnson1988, FaceBook at https://www.facebook.com/lisa.johnson.75457
Post a Comment

Popular Posts