Thursday, May 14, 2015

Atonement for Emily Adms


Title:  Atonement for Emily Adams
Author:  Susan R. Lawrence
Website:  http://www.amazon.com/Susan-Lawrence/e/B00KLS7A6S/ref=dp_byline_cont_book_1
Pages:  264
Year:  2014
Publisher:  Lighthouse Publishing of the Carolinas
My rating is 5 stars out of 5
Very few books in my life have caused me to sit back and really be speechless, but I am glad to say this is one story that is beyond incredible.  While this is a fictional tale, it is easy to imagine various scenarios described in the book as being somehow reality in many people’s lives.  A young married woman and her husband decide to start a family until one night an accident occurs that throws this couple for a loop along with other characters in the novel.
Whether the characters were Christians or not, what made this tale so realistic was how the pain, grief and healing took time.  I think the author did a superb job of not rushing the time it takes for healing to occur in the characters’ hearts and lives.  I also thought it realistic that sometimes in the deepest darkest night of our lives we tend to try and handle life without Him or allowing others to minister.
The most amazing part was how the author ends the novel showing how God can bring good out of tragedy, plus restores hearts shattered.  One of the mother characters in the book is a prayer warrior even when her children are adults.  When I read that repeatedly throughout the book, I kept thinking that is one job mothers never cease practicing. 
I was drawn to the story simply when I looked at the cover of the book.  For some reason I knew it was a story I had to read and it had no personal application to me as far as how the characters suffered.  I could imagine how God could and does what we can never do or see at first when we are side-swiped by pain or grief.  Yet, in time, He truly does turn our mourning into joy! 
Take a moment to sit down with this novel and see what God may speak into your heart or mind.  You just might be surprised and thankful you took the time to read it.  If you know of someone who might be blessed by the novel, consider giving them a copy as it just might spark a conversation that could lead to redemption, healing and hope!
Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspot.com/.  Also follow me on Twitter @lcjohnson1988, FaceBook at https://www.facebook.com/lisa.johnson.75457
Post a Comment