In Firefly Valley


Title:  In Firefly Valley (Texas Crossroads Book #2)
Author:  Amanda Cabot
Website:  https://www.sff.net/people/amanda.cabot/
Pages:  368
Year:  2105
Publisher:  Revell
My rating is 4 stars out of 5.
When I started reading In Firefly Valley, I wasn’t sure whether I liked it or not.  At first, it seemed to be uneventful with a lack of adventure or excitement.  I pressed through till the end and I am glad I did as the plot began to thicken along with some adventure and suspense.  While romantic novels aren’t usually my first choice, every now and again I look into one to discover what is behind the cover.
Amanda Cabot’s series allows readers to peek inside the heart and lives of the fictional characters and town in the Texas Crossroads series.  When I started book two, I hadn’t read the first book in the series, which at times would handicap a reader’s appreciation for the story.  However, this book was an exception.  Amanda includes enough information about the prior events in the characters’ lives to help readers move along to the current setting.
Much of what the story brings is how forgiveness and moving forward takes time.  Another theme is focusing on how to help others and the fact that it takes more than one to accomplish the follow through of taking a dream and making it a reality.  I think too it shows clearly that money isn’t the answer to what our hearts desire, but really what we do want is a close walk with the Lord.  I also liked the one character who remained faithful to her husband even when he left her years prior as we as her continual prayer for him.
The novel is one that is good for a couple afternoons or evenings to serve as a relaxing escape.  It points to the Lord consistently as the One we really need above anyone.   I think the challenge some may face is looking at their relationships or marriage and comparing it with this or any work of fiction.  If any reader sees a character quality or a reflection in the book or what they desire to be their reality, pray and leave it with the Lord.
Like the book reflects in a fictional way, we all have a part or job to carry that God has for us.  It is what brings Him glory and us ultimate fulfillment.  Thanks to Amanda Cabot readers can put their feet up and enjoy a Christian work of fiction.
Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspot.com/.  Also follow me on Twitter @lcjohnson1988, FaceBook at https://www.facebook.com/lisa.johnson.75457
Post a Comment

Popular Posts