Sunday, May 3, 2015

The Case of the Sin City Sister


Title:  The Case of the Sin City Sister
Author:  Lynne Hinton
Website:  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lynne-Hinton-Books/136657626365278
Pages:  336
Year:  2015
Publisher:  Thomas Nelson
My rating is 5+ out of 5 stars
When I read the prior book, Sister Eve Private Eye, I knew I had found a writer with possibility of further novels.  As I found out recently The Case of the Sin City Sister was being released, I couldn’t wait to see what the main character Sister Eve was going to do next, live in the convent or become a partner with her father as a private investigator.  In the first book, readers will read about an interesting mystery but more so the family dynamics of the Divine family.
Here, the story starts out focusing on Sister Eve then begins to focus on a case where a man wants to learn about what happened to his great-grandfather.  Eve also begins to sense that her younger sister is in trouble, but cannot pinpoint the reason why she feels that danger is lurking for Dorisanne.
I don’t want to divulge too much about the story’s path or plot because for me the book was so spell-binding and enjoyable I don’t want to ruin any reader’s joy in the novel by revealing any spoilers.  I sat and read it in a single night as there was such mystery and tension in the characters lives and the case Sister Eve was working on, simply mesmerized me!
It was cute in some places how Sister Eve would assess a clue or something about a person that would simply astound the background players into silence.  The friction between Eve and her father isn’t as tense as in book one, but now they are more compatible even tolerant because they are so much alike.  I hope the author plans on writing more mysteries with these Divine characters because each one has their own internal questions that have yet to be put to rest.
So grab a novel, sit back and be prepared to be glued to the pages as Sister Eve and her love of Harleys will keep you turning pages until the conclusion!
Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspot.com/.  Also follow me on Twitter @lcjohnson1988, FaceBook at https://www.facebook.com/lisa.johnson.75457
Post a Comment