The Inn at Ocean's Edge



Title:  The Inn at Ocean’s Edge (Sunset Cove #1)
Author:  Colleen Coble
Pages:  324
Year:  2015
Publisher:  Thomas Nelson
Luke Rocco is on leave from the Coast Guard for a month to help take care of the family business and his father who has had a stroke.  His mother disappeared 25 years ago and hasn’t been heard from since so his sister has held down the fort for a few years, but now it is his turn.  She has been offered a job that would take her away from their small town in Maine, but Luke isn’t sure he wants to come back home permanently and give up his dream job working with the Coast Guard.  He meets Claire Dellamare and is instantly attracted to her.  He helps her try to figure out her past and protects her from the man trying to kill her.  He thinks she might be “the one”, but she is extremely wealthy and he isn’t.  They travel in two very different circles.
Claire Dellamare decides to surprise her father at a hotel in Maine to help him close a big business deal.  Upon arrival, she begins to feel very strange and has a panic attack.  Soon after, she witnesses a murder and is attacked herself.  She begins to remember bits and pieces from her childhood and with Luke’s help tries to put together the puzzle of her lost memories.  She also likes spending time with Luke, but isn’t sure she can commit to anything until her past is figured out and her attacker is apprehended.
I really enjoyed the many twists and turns the plot took and the surprises I encountered as the plot thickened.  I thought the author did a nice job of showing the turmoil that lies and deceptions can create in a family when the truth is withheld or ignored.  The suspense built with each event to a thrilling climax.  The only negative I have is that some of the events that take place in chapters 39 and 40 were not realistic in my opinion.  I don’t want to be specific so I don’t spoil what happens.  I still had fun reading and trying to solve the mystery and look forward to the next book in the series.
My rating is 4.5 stars.
Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspot.com/.  Also follow me on Twitter @lcjohnson1988, FaceBook at https://www.facebook.com/lisa.johnson.75457
Post a Comment

Popular Posts