Thursday, May 28, 2015

Water from My Heart by Charles Nartin


Title:  Water from My Heart
Author:  Charles Martin
Website:  http://charlesmartinbooks.com/
Pages:  368
Year:  2015
Publisher:  Center Street
My rating is 5+ stars out of 5.
Charles Martin is a very gifted storyteller of the upper most class.  Before this new novel of his, I read another of his books titled, A Life Intercepted, which I really enjoyed.  Each book I have read has included an author’s note that shares his heart or reason for writing the book we readers hold in our hands.  Water from My Heart is no different in that aspect, except as I finished I was struck with how much this novel was so like a parable that it stole my breath away.
When I started the book, I wasn’t really being grabbed by the storyline, and I kept wondering where the author was going with the story.  Then, I discovered a tale told in first person by a man named Charlie Finn who for a long time in his life did many things without being aware of the consequences to others such as delivering drugs or not being open and honest with his girlfriend.  Charlie Finn loved the thrill of the hunt, the danger of out maneuvering his opponents and the adrenaline rush when danger was close on his heels.
Now, decades later, Charlie is face-to-face with the ramifications of his decisions and actions that rippled out and caused deep pain in many lives.  Charlie feels like he is dirty from head-to-toe and nothing he can do will ever help him cleanse the dirt or the wall of indifference from his heart.  How wrong he turned out to be.
At the end of the book, the author shares where the birth of the storyline came from.  It will touch you deeply as it did him if you allow your heart to be open.  Challenges to living a life indifferent to the pain, suffering and destruction in the world was recently brought to the forefront to Charles Martin’s life. Water from My Heart is not a novel I will soon forget or the call to no longer live separate from others.  While Charles Martin’s life is now moved in a new direction, impacting his family and others, I wonder how it will affect anyone willing to sit and read the book.
Take time to read and share with someone this amazing story that will show you how big God is, that He still works miracles and He is waiting for you to come as you are.
Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspot.com/.  Also follow me on Twitter @lcjohnson1988, FaceBook at https://www.facebook.com/lisa.johnson.75457
Post a Comment