Saturday, May 30, 2015

Where Secrets SLeep



Title:  Where Secrets Sleep
Author:  Marta Perry
Website:  http://www.martaperry.com/
Pages:  384
Year:  2015
Publisher:  HQN
My Rating:  5+ stars
Browsing through a new books list on a website sometimes tends to draw me to a book that I might not have otherwise read.  Though Marta Perry is an established author, for me her works are new.  When I saw the title and description of this recent publication, I knew without a doubt I had to read and review it because the synopsis of the tale captured my imagination.
A young woman learns of an inheritance from a grandmother she never met, so she travels to a little town and meets with the grandmother’s lawyer.  What she thought would be a quick matter to take care of actually becomes a more complex reality that calls for Allison to make a decision.  As Allison sets out to learn what she can of this grandmother and the inherited property, unknowingly she becomes entangled in a web of mystery, becoming the center of someone’s sinister intent.
While Allison is learning about the people, businesses and town, she has to deal with issues of the heart from her past.  Nick is one of the business owners who ends up not only interested in learning Allison’s final decision about the property, but begins to form an emotional bond with her that he fights against.
The intrigue and mystery are especially spellbinding.  As the characters begin to understand Allison, the person who is out to hurt her really drew me in further.  The variety of people who inhabit the town makes figuring out who has the most to gain by Allison leaving is difficult as more people become suspects than those who can be considered safe.
When a murder occurs on the property, Allison becomes more determined to inherit the property according to the terms of the will.  The interaction between some of the characters is refreshing to imagine along with romance in the wind in a small town where everyone knows what is happening.  With the addition of the author revealing some of the pasts of her characters, it makes the plot thicken, drawing the audience into the book.  For me, this was a very enjoyable, entertaining and captivating novel which I am glad I read.  I plan on reading more of the author’s suspense with romance set in Amish towns.  Join me in entering the mysterious world where things aren’t always what they seem!
Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
 Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspot.com/ .  Also follow me on Twitter @lcjohnson1988, FaceBook at https://www.facebook.com/lisa.johnson.75457
Post a Comment