Sunday, June 7, 2015

A Flying Affair by Carla Stewart


Title:  A Flying Affair
Author:  Carla Stewart
Website:  http://www.carlastewart.com/
Pages:  320
Year:  2015
Publisher:  FaithWords
My rating is 5+ out of 5
What drew my attention to the novel was not only the possibility of a good tale, but the front cover showing a young woman with a vintage plane.  As I started reading, I kept wondering if I had the right idea of the story after all.  The author sets the stage carefully and slowly draws the reader into the scenes along with the characters, which together bring a wonderful tale of a young woman breaking out of expectations from family and society in an era where it was difficult for women to reach their dreams or see their aspirations become reality.
For Mattie two vastly different realms tugged at her heart, horses and airplanes.  While her twin sister meets the expectations of society, Mattie rebels against anything that attempts to restrain her from reaching the sky!  Mattie always believed she was homely looking and would never find true love or ever be successful in any endeavor.  Mattie has fallen in love with a young man named Ames, but something keeps niggling at the back of her mind regarding Ames.  Will Mattie be able to put her doubts to rest and have a future with young Ames or must she choose between breeding special horses versus flying!
Carla Stewart gives us a glimpse of women in history with some names readers will be able to quickly remember.  I loved how Mattie’s family didn’t live a perfect or trouble free existence whether it was regarding family, horses or characters’ internal and external struggles.  Audiences will love how a character who at first seems to be a supportive cast member is really an example of waiting for the one they love.
Sitting down to A Flying Affair was pure delight from start to finish.  The trip to the past along with a glimpse into life for women in that era as we as the beginning of women in aviation was like icing on the cake, pure sweetness!  Please join the fun in reading the adventure as written by Cara Stewart in A Flying Affair.

Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.” 
Post a Comment