Friday, June 19, 2015

Desperate Measures


Title:  Desperate Measures (Port Aster Secrets #3)
Author:  Sandra Orchard
Pages:  356
Year:  2015
Publisher:  Revell
As this third mystery begins, Kate and Tom have put their personal relationship on hold at Kate’s demand.  She feels betrayed because Tom knew her father was alive, after Kate thought him dead for twenty years, only to secrete him away in protective custody and refusing to tell Kate where he is.  Kate feels betrayed and deceived and hurt.  Tom understands, but felt he what he did was to protect Kate from the bad guys out to kill her father who could potentially harm Kate by association.
Kate has continued to grow and experiment with the miracle plant her father first brought to her town, although no one knows this not even Tom.  Kate won’t tell Tom because she is afraid he will make her turn the plants over to the authorities and they might get into the wrong hands.  However, the criminals who now believe her father is dead have turned their focus on Kate.  They somehow believe that the plants didn’t get destroyed or lost and that Kate has them.  They will stop at nothing to get them.  Kate, who is known for her faith in people and God, now becomes suspicious of everyone and their motives.  Who can she really trust?  She wants to experiment on the plant to discover their benefits for people and in the hopes that she will have a bargaining chip to be allowed to see her father.
With this third book wrapping up the Port Aster Secrets series, Sandra Orchard definitely delivers mystery, intrigue, action and romance.  I thought the plot wrap up at the end was a little confusing with so much time between each book and my not being able to remember all the details from the prior two books.  However, I did enjoy the winding plot and trying to figure out which characters were on Kate’s side right along with her.  The story was interesting and unique with the plant angle.  I will definitely keep my eye open for more books from this author and encourage mystery lovers to take in this series.
My rating is 4 stars out of 5.

Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.” 
Post a Comment