Fatal Trauma by Richard Mabry

Fatal Trauma Richard Mabry




Title:  Fatal Trauma
Author:  Richard Mabry, M. D.
Website:  http://www.rmabry.com/
Pages:  304
Year:  2015
Publisher:  Abingdon
My rating is 5+ stars out of 5!
If you are familiar with Dr. Mabry’s other novels and weren’t sure if you liked his writings or not, don’t pass this book by!  Why?  When I started reading Fatal Trauma, I was caught off guard by the difference in his writing.  Here in my hands was a classic example of a medical thriller with suspense that just doesn’t end plus the ending was a pure stroke of genius!
Inside the cover readers will become entangled in the lives of the doctors and nurses who work in an E.R. when all of a sudden their lives are facing possible ending!  I was stunned as I turned page after page as Dr. Mabry revealed another layer of the plot that is rich in tension, drama, faith, and danger. The tale revolves around a drug cartel coming into Texas from Mexico.  Due to the death of one of their own the cartel sends out orders to exact revenge.  The cartel blames Dr. Mark and his nurse Kelly in that death and anyone else near the situation.
On top of all this, Mark and Kelly are dealing with their relationship amidst the hospital administrator harassing Mark to quit due to the unfavorable press the hospital is receiving from Mark’s personal life.  I loved every minute I spent reading this book and am excited to read his next novel, Miracle Drug, which is due to be released this September.
Even if you cannot sit to read for any length of time, this is one novel where remembering the story is easy.  Reading is such a delightful experience made even richer when books like this are published for the audience to enjoy.  You might find it enjoyable to even share the book with a friend or family member as stories tend to capture the imagination better than anything else!

Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.” 
Post a Comment

Popular Posts