Saturday, June 13, 2015

Murder Freshly Baked

Title: Murder Freshly Baked (Amish Village Mystery #3)
Author: Vannetta Chapman
Pages: 340
Year: 2015
Publisher: Zondervan

Amber and Hannah are back solving crime in this third book of the Amish Village Mystery series. Amber is still aglow as a newlywed and Hannah is busy planning her wedding. Then, Amber receives an email threatening a poisonous pie in the village bakery. Amber thinks it is just someone playing a prank, but the next morning a pie with a note about poison is found in the bakery. She shows the local sheriff the email, incurring the wrath of the sender. She is then forced by the sender to keep everything to herself or the sender will escalate his/her plan to harm someone close to Amber.

Meanwhile, all her employees who she considers her family are concerned about how worried Amber seems and try to help her any way they can. Amber and Hannah are also concerned about the three women who work at the Amish Village who are all dating the same man. Two of the women are Amish, one of them quite a bit younger than the man in question. They just know someone is going to have their heart broken and try to warn the women. Did their warnings fall on deaf ears? The man they are dating ends up being shot as he crosses the finish line at the end of a running race in benefit of cancer research. Did one of the three women pull the trigger? Is there more to this than meets the eye?

I’ve read all three books in this series and really enjoyed them. Amber has such a big heart and is so caring toward her employees. I also really liked the story of Preston; I thought that added a lot of interest for me to the story. I appreciated that the stories wove in the Amish people and their beliefs, but that wasn’t the main focus, which was the mystery itself. I hope to read more mysteries from this talented author.
My rating is 4 stars.

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”


Post a Comment