Once Upon a Summertime by Melody Carlson

Title:  Once Upon a Summertime:  A New York City Romance (Follow Your Heart Book #1)
Author:  Melody Carlson
Website:  http://www.melodycarlson.com/
Pages:  320
Year:  2015
Publisher:  Revell
My rating is 4 stars
The series, A New York City Romance, is the newest from the pen of Melody Carlson with another installment due next year titled, Follow Your Heart.  The main female lead, Anna Gordon, comes from a small town.  Her education is in hotel management and she longs to work in an upscale hotel, but finds herself stuck in a rundown local motel.  When she has lunch with a long time friend, Marley, Anna finds her life changing fast!  As time moves on Anna’s road to her dreams to being a manager of an upscale hotel is sidetracked.  She wonders what God has in store for the future.
Anna meets Sean who is a handsome, likeable guy hired by the husband of the owner to manage the hotel.  Sparks between the two fly as they realize they are from the same small town and both are looking to experience life in the big apple.  As the author shares the detail of the landmarks, it makes the reader desire to see places like Ellis Island along with the Empire State building.
I am familiar with the works of author Melody Carlson and I enjoyed losing myself in this romantic novel for a couple hours.  I grew up in a large city that has different, but interesting landmarks.  Now I enjoy living in a quieter area with my family.  Perhaps book two will continue to expand the budding romance with Anna and Sean or maybe center on one of the girls Anna meets when she bunks with Marley’s roommates during her job interview.
The energy of New York is felt some in the novel and it is so different from where Anna grew up.  I liked how Anna as well as Sean grew up wanting to be in an industry that serves people.  The book is a quick and fun adventure for anyone during a quiet and lazy afternoon.  The romance develops pretty quickly in the story with Sean and Anna, but Anna is different than the supporting characters who like to date different people and enjoy themselves.  Enjoy the latest story from author Melody Carlson!

Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.” 
Post a Comment

Popular Posts