"For Such a Time as This"


For Such A Time as This…
In the Old Testament, there is book named after a woman who is in the lineage of Christ, the book of Esther.  Esther was a Jewish woman who was taken from her home against her will to have an opportunity to become queen.  One night with the king would determine if this Jewish woman would be crowned queen over a nation, a nation that wasn’t Israel. 
During her time as queen a threat arose that was aimed at wiping out all Jewish people.  Her uncle challenged her to not hide and think because she was queen she would be exempt from the threat.  Here is a portion of chapter 4:12-16 (NIV):
12 When Esther’s words were reported to Mordecai, 13 he sent back this answer: “Do not think that because you are in the king’s house you alone of all the Jews will escape.  14 For if you remain silent at this time, relief and deliverance for the Jews will arise from another place, but you and your father’s family will perish.  And who knows but that you have come to your royal position for such a time as this?”
15 Then Esther sent this reply to Mordecai:  16 “Go, gather together all the Jews who are in Susa, and fast for me.  Do not eat or drink for three days, night or day.  I and my attendants will fast as you do.  When this is done, I will go to the king, even though it is against the law.  And if I perish, I perish.”

We need to remember Israel and pray for her.  Now, too, we are called to pray more earnestly for America as those who have gone before us did.  We have enjoyed their prayer coverage.  I cannot speak for you, but I have been guilty of not praying for America as I believe He would have me.  Now I do though I still stumble.  So is there some devotion, book, website, etc. that you use to pray regularly for America?
For your consideration:
1.        Read the Book of Esther and see what you observe of the text.
2.        Recognize Esther as an example of how one woman who was afraid, then her uncle exhorts her, and she makes time to pray before going before the king with her handmaids
3.       Understand that we too can pray and watch God at work if we are willing
4.       Act as He directs your steps


 Please feel encouraged to share your thoughts below.  
Post a Comment

Popular Posts