Someday Home by Lauraine Snelling



Title:  Someday Home
Author:  Lauraine Snelling
Pages:  368
Year:  2015
Publisher:  FaithWords
My rating is 5 stars out of 5.
One of the best characteristics about Lauraine Snelling’s books is that each one is an adventure of the heart for the reader!  What the author presents is usually a heart-touching story that resounds within the soul of anyone who opens her books.  Someday Home takes on various issues of women in different circumstances in life.  I loved it, especially because the women were middle-aged women.  The house they came to live in was owned by Lyn who recently lost her husband suddenly.  Now, two years later, she is going through menopause and looking for ways to experience new adventures.
Then there is Judith who is an only child, and whose father frankly was a mean man.  Now Judith must leave her home and begin to find her way in life without being kept at her father’s beck and call.  Last, but not least there is Angela who celebrates her 25th anniversary with her husband who then drops the bomb that he has filed for divorce.  All three are broken, have issues of the heart and desires too.  All three wonder just what God has in store for them when a Bassett hound shows up needing care.  They learn to meld together as sisters and as friends.
I loved the scenery described in the book, which includes a lake.  All three ladies enjoy quiet nights listening to crickets on the deck and just chatting or being quiet.  When rough waters come, the girls learn they either draw near to God and each other or they continue to live alone.  Sometimes I chuckled at certain instances in the story and other times I felt like calling a character a jerk!  All in all though Lauraine’s novel encourages us to walk each day with our hand in God’s and that friendship is to be treasured.
Later this year Lauraine’s 4th book in the Song of Blessing series will be released and I look forward to reading it as I have read the other books in the series.  Books are a great way to enjoy time relaxing and even more fun when shared with a friend.  So visit a store, pick up Someday Home and settle back to enjoy the tale.

Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.” 

Post a Comment

Popular Posts