Trail by Twelve


Title:  Trial by Twelve (Murder in the Mountains #2)
Author:  Heather Day Gilbert
Pages:  275
Year:  2015
Publisher:  WoodHaven Press
Heather Day Gilbert has written another winner!  I recently read the first book in this series, Miranda Warning, and loved it so I was really excited to buy the second book in the series to see if the mystery and adventure would continue at the same high level.  I was not disappointed!
This story takes place about 1-1/2 to 2 years after the first book.  Tess Spencer is now working part-time at a health spa to help pay off her husband’s law school loans.  Her employer has decided she wants to put in an outdoor pool at the health spa so a construction firm begins digging and soon makes a grisly discovery…a human bone.  A homicide detective is called in as it is soon discovered that there are multiple victims and they have not died natural deaths even though they did die some time ago.  The detective has heard about how Tess solved her first mystery and asks for her help on this case as she can get the inside scoop as a worker on the grounds where the bodies were discovered.  Then, another body is discovered in this mass grave; however, this body has been recently killed.
As Tess continues to ask questions to discover the identity of the serial killer, she also is dealing with raising her young daughter, the decline in health of her dear friend Miranda, her husband accepting a new job and the uncertainty of whether she still has a job at the spa or not.  Her questions soon put her in the sights of the killer.
I just love the whole Spencer family!  Nikki Jo and Roger are so generous with their time and finances and love.  Thomas is such a great example of a strong Christian husband.  Tess is growing in her faith walk with God.  I liked the incorporation of the You Tube videos on different methods of escaping various confinements.  I am definitely looking forward to the next book in the series!  These are books that are going on my “keeper” shelf for sure!
My rating is 5 stars.

Disclosure of Material Connection:  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.” 
Post a Comment

Popular Posts